Montag, 19. April 2010

Money is Money is Money

When I say: I am working with money, the majority oft the people smile or laugh, although it is a serious topic for me. I have a simple thesis, which determines my work: When you are living in a magic systhem, you are not able to understand that it is magic what you are doing. In relation to the way we use money this means: Perhaps everybody knows that money is only a representant of agreements between people, but we behave like the sign would be what it signifies. In my work I try to bring out the magical dimension of money itself, the way we use it and how it functions in different systhems. What money, especially cash characterises is the kombination of the difference between information and material. This is the startingpoint of my cosideration. It is not my effort to explain, what money is, but to create situations, which give people a possibility to think about the complexity of money.
(Sebastian Siechold)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen